The Bark Studio explores the notion of a mixed work / house typology – a workhouse. A modest building, which can function as flexible spaces for a design team of five to six people, a house for two people and a comfortable combination of both at times.
Architects Stephen Guthrie and Lindy Atkin’s brief for themselves was to ’showcase’ their design approach and philosophies whilst making an inspiring place to work for the Bark Design team and their clients.
Perched on only four steel footings in order to slot between two mature Australian Eucalypts, the modular 20 metre long structure of steel portal frames is encased with openable and fixed glazing on three sides, layered with operable blinds, framing the broad views of the Pacific coastline.
- Body Ergonomic Modern Furniture
- The Latest Picture of Modern Pictures Floating Staircases
- Super Big Chess by Spanish Designer Jaime Hayón
- 123 Social Green Housing by SOMOS Arquitectos
- Innovative Wall Mounted Furniture By Olivier Dollé
No Comments »
No comments yet.