Danny Forster Design Studio’s philosophy is that through a blend of intuitive design decisions and technologically enabled design strategies, it is possible to make beautiful sustainable architecture accessible at a reasonable cost. The house is one of the country’s ?rst to use an in-ceiling hydronic radiant heating AND cooling system – there’s no traditional forced air HVAC, just the geo-thermal powered, thermally-active ceiling that can both heat and cool the house. Also 100 % of the roof surface is covered in a unique vegetative roof, used for both solar de?ection and storm water ?ltration. The house was designed using the energy modeling software Eco-tech, to leverage and calibrate both passive cooling, passive solar, as well as basic site orientation.
The main living area has a 15 ft long thermally broken, fully operable ‘Nano-Wall’, which acts as the main wind intake to passively cool the entire house. (more…)
- Modern Austrian Coffee Table By Jacob Strobel
- Modern Design Of Lamp Unit By Coco Flip
- Modern Minimalist House Design With Minute Pool Facility
- Bunk Room Design Photo, Minimalist Home Interior Design
- Stylish Metal Fireplace Design By Mati Karimi